Wednesday, September 17, 2014

AUTHENTICITY, TALENT, AND SWEATY RAVER PUSSY: IKABODVEINS

"ikabodveins"






"palm beach county"

tattooist, graffitist, trapist, revolutionist.. behold the lyricist.. the luxurious lock wielder, the Floridian, the one rapper in today's age who has yet to release a Migo flow. salute. ikabodVEINS. his influences are evident in his at times shrill-vocal, heavy hitting lyrics: Slipknot, Crime Mob, GUCCI MANE, Rage Against The Machine, amongst others. If Rob Zombie was to request a production from Lex Luger, you would get the all-to-his-own ikabodVEINS.. his diverse background making the status of "typical" impossible. an artist of multiple talents, South Floridian, Lex Luger affiliate ikabodVEINS has yet to release a track that fails to make me want to do a line and get a face tattoo. I conducted an interview with the highly cultured artist, discussing everything from sweaty raver pussy to 3rd grade mother's gifts, and of course, his favorite Gucci Mane song. 

the interview - 

Q - "ikabodVeins", description of the rap name/story behind it?

A - I been obsessed with the headless horseman ever since my moms took me to see that Sleepy Hollow movie when I was a kid. She's been callin' me ikabod ever since.. and I been a sicko in the graff' game ever since a jit, that's where the VEINS comes from. VEINS LMAxGW been outcheaa haahaha, S/O to the squad! WE OUTCHEA BLESSIN' BABIES N SHIT.

Q - Childhood... what'd you listen to, influences.. what was your childhood setting, stories.. where are you from?

A - Born & raised all over Palm Beach County, South Florida.. grew up fa$t on some thugged out surfer dogtownZboy lifestyle type shit lol.. lotta sex, drugs, and drunken graffiti lol.. been workin' since a youngin', hustlin' since a youngin', gettin' in trouble since a youngin', my struggles' DEF what made me. Wouldn't change shit.. I fux with so many different types of people though (you could say I'm very culturally diversified lol), so musically I listen to so many genres.. it's ridiculous.. but OutKast, Rage Against The Machine, Gucci, Triple J, Trick Daddy, 2Pac, Slipknot, Crime Mob, Dg Yola, WuTang, Buju Banton, System of a Down, Korn, Three 6, Hendrix, Zeppelin, Sabbath, Stevie Nicks.. all def played very important roles in my life.

"gucci mane - guwop - wop - radric davis - zadric davis"


Q - Tell me about your relation with Lex Luger/how was it working with Lex?

A - That's the homie but I can't even get a retweet lol. Workin with him was dope. He blessed the god heavy! Very thankful, S/O Lex for suree.


"lex luger writing the bible"

Q - How much did he charge you for "FUCK$"?

A - The fuck?! Lol NOTHING!!! I didn't pay not 1 dollar haha I put the "Ketamine" video on Worldstar, and the next morning woke up to hella texts, tweets, and shit on IG from Lex sayin' to hit him up asap & all kinds of crazy shit bout him signin' me, workin' together, etc. I said let's run it and he sent me like 25 full beats that night.. I honestly don't really fux with them crazy up-tempo trpa beats too much, not really my steez, but I couldn't say no to free Lex Luger beats lol.. I still got like 15 of them beats I haven't even touched yet jus' chillin' in a folder on my laptop lol.

Q - How'd you get into tattooing/best & worst tattoos you've done?

A - Graffiti/getting into constant trouble lol.. the classic, "not knowing what to do with my life" scenario lol.. my brother Robbie McCormick linked me up with this OG Puerto Rican motherfucker haha, Jun Bermudez, and I apprenticed under him.. MUCH LOVE to them two motherfuckers!! SQUUUADD. Best: Idk, prob' this dope realistic ocean/fish theme sleeve I did in full color, or the giant skull I did on my big bro's whole front torso lol. Worst: Idk, prob' some shit from my scratcher days.

Q - How long did it take you to grow your dreads?

A - I came out the womb wit' theez luxurious locks on my head kuhhhhhhh'.

"ikabodVEINS - luxurious locks god - kuhhhhhhhh"

Q - Explain you relationship with the bearded guy in your music videos/how long did it take him to grow his beard?

A - That's my big bro OG @bangbang305 !! Put em' ina' coffin SQUAAD shit hahaha, prez' of the highly respected GW Squadron! That's the fam' right there though! PLAY PUSSY GET FUCKT'! Hahaa, & 666years.

"ablescups - bangbang305"

Q - Rap game, trap game, or tattoo game?

A - My rap and tat' game are both key factors in my trap game. Word to da' erffs gawd.. we gettin' this money all angles shunn' $$$. 

Q - Will there be an, "Oh My God" part 2?

A - I honestly have no fucking clue lol.. maybe.


Q - Who's car and what model is the car in the, "Oh My God" music video?

A - That's my big brother whip, @venomlma , It's a 88' Chevy Caprice, she's a bad bitch! We actually recently crashed that lil' slut into the front of a Walgreens after rippin' donuts on our way home from KOD lol. Smashed a bottle of Jack and Jonny Walker Black Label at KOD that night with the fam @3ways & @jabrjaw SQUUUAD.

"88' chevy caprice - bad bitch - lil' slut"

Q - Dream car?

A - Idk, probably a Lambo', jus' so I could flex on some ignorant rich people shit lol. It's like your aloud to be an asshole when you drive one of them lol.

"gucci bandana - ignorant rich people shit"


Q - When did you start rapping?

A - I wrapped a Mother's Day gift I made for my moms in skool' one time when I was in like the 3rd grade. So I guess you can say I started rappin' in like 97'.

Q - Something most people don't know about ikabod?

A - Ima Spanish fuck lol, most of my family can't even speak English. Haha VIVA URUGUAY.

Q - Biggest pet peeve?

A - I fucking hate when a bitch can't take my dick. Kills my vibe instantly lol. To all the shorty's readin' this - make sure your sexual performance is grade A if you tryin' to fux with the gawd. Papi gets exotic in the PU$$Y lol I'm jus' tryin' to pay you rent mahh'.

Q - Favorite Gucci Mane song?

A - Blunt Fulla Dro!!!! Hahaha that's forever my jam! "50 Pounds of DRO, everyday is a Friday! Pull up to my house you can smell it from the driveway!!" Hahaha been bumpin' Gucci for a longggg time haha, used to get hella money to that song as a jit.. that's a throwback Gucci joint for sure lol.


Q - What's your creative process when in the booth?

A - Idk, I don't really think. This music shit is 100% self therapy for me. I jus' go in that bitch & vent. And take lots of bong tokes lol.

Q - Relationship with Relax Rekords?

A - That's the homies! Florida fam'!

Q - Sex with Oprah, Mrs. Buttersworth, or Sarah Palin & why?

A - Oprah ALL DAY!! She's got stupid $$$!! I bet her pussy's modified to the max hahah, she's probably gotta button you press that warms up her pussy lips like a seat heater in a luxury vehicle.

"oprah"

Q - Opinion on people comparing you to Yelawolf?

A - That's some cracker shit lol I do this for my vatos! Hasta La Muerte holmes!

Q - How long's the wait for an ikabodVEINS tattoo?

A - 666moons.

Q - Tattoo from shop or from trap house?

A -
Fuck that shop life! Lol TRAP HOUSE ALL DAY!!! I LOVE MY TRAP HOUSE!!! ShkurtSHKURTshkurt.

Q - Bukkweat Bill in one word?

A - Bruuuuhh.

"bukkweat bill - satan - tommy pikkles"

Q - Grossest thing you've ever eaten?

A - Either sweet potatoes, or some sweaty raver ecstasy pussy hahaha that festival pussy can produce some RUUUFF WEATHER at times! Hahaha shorty may have been waggin' that pussy around in the heat for a couple days non stop.. youuu jus' never know lol, KEEP THAT PUSS CLEAN LADIES!

Q - Most expensive thing you've bought legal or not?

A - I wanna sound cool and say the Black on Black 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood I jus' bought but I'd be lying lol. I jus' hadda' spend $4200 to fix my mothers AC lol, grown man shit.. I cawped 3 bo's on a re-up one time if that counts, back when Jim Jones dropped Ballin' lol.

Q - Who'd you like to work with?

A - Ahh fuck yo idk, I'd love to rock a track feat. OutKast & Buju Banton. And a track with Led Zeppelin but with Jimi Hendrix shreddin' lead guitar, & have Robert Plant completely muuurder the hook with some high vocals.. oooh and have Gucci rock the ad-libs on both tracks.

Q - What's next for ikabod?

A - World domination. New project, "Drop.6" COMING SOON!

#IKABODVEINS #CUTTTHROATCONSCIENCE #FREEWOP #PALMBEACH

I done got indicted selling all white (@zadricdavis)





























No comments:

Post a Comment